The oldest structure in the Hinton Historic district. Built in 1874, it is a reminder of the Industrialization Era of America at the end of the 19th century.
Sitting along the banks of the Little Bluestone, Cooper's Mill is the smallest grist mill of it's kind in the state. Built in 1869. Open by appointment.
Visitor Center located in the Hinton Historic District. Open year round Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Built by Colonel James Graham in 1770, The Graham House is one of the oldest log structures in West Virginia. The home has a lot of history and can be toured or reserved. Open weekends or by appointment, Memorial Day through Labor day.
Built by the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway in 1891. Now served by Amtrak, the waiting room of the Depot remains open for passengers three days per week.
This railroad museum is filled with artifacts from the days when the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad ran the line. Open seasonally or by appointment.
Museum/ Historical Site
The John Henry Historical Park is a dedication to the beloved folk hero John Henry, and the legendary tale of this Steel Diving Man. Located at the site of the historic race between man and machine, The Great Bend Tunnel in Talcott, WV.
Jordan's Chapel is a historic Methodist chapel built in 1852. It was the first church built in the region. A rectangular frame structure in the Greek Revival style, featuring a small louvered belfry with a louvered pyramidal roof.
Museum/ Visitor Center
The Sandstone Visitor Center serves as a gateway to the southern portion of the New River Gorge National River where visitors traveling along I-64 can stop and get oriented to the park and southern West Virginia.
A replica museum of Saunder's one room school house. The museum is filled with all of the original items from the original schoolhouse. Seasonal hours of operation, also open by appointment.
Add some more info about this item...
Built in 1875 in four stages. Designed by Frank Milburn, it is a nice representation of his early work.
Three Rivers Avian Center is a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to wild bird conservation as well as educating and involving people in ecosystem stewardship.
VETERAN'S MEMORIAL MUSEUM
Housed in the former Carnegie Library built in 1912, the Veteran's Memorial Museum displays artifacts and memorabilia from veteran's of every major conflict and era. Open May through November, or by appointment.
VETERAN'S MEMORIAL WALL
On the corner of 2nd Avenue and James Street in the Hinton Historic District sits this impressive stone wall dedicated to the county's veteran's.